International student agent for the department of China - Jenny Yang
We are excited to announce the launch of our international program, which will begin in Fall 2017. While the program is new, Marquette’s International department boasts an experienced Director and a team of dedicated staff that can meet those challenges. We welcome students from all over the world to join our program. We believe their diverse background and global perspective will both enrich the experiences of our domestic students and help cultivate a learning environment that broadens the cultural scope of our entire student body.
In order to help international students integrate quickly within the Marquette community and adapt to the American culture, we are delighted to offer the following programs:
- One-on-one or small group ESL classes that will be held after school
- Buddy system and mentor-mentee program for first-year international students
- One-on-one tutoring provided by National Honor Society members
- Academic counseling and four-year academic planning sessions individualized based on student’s interest and ability
- Honors and College Dual Credit courses for qualifying students
- Cultural immersion activities including International Club, Annual Turkey Dinner, Christmas Party, field trips, and a homestay program
- Access to a variety of sports teams and music, art and club activities
International students seek out Marquette for the incredible academic, extracurricular, and cultural opportunities we offer. Many will continue their stay in the United States after graduation by enrolling in universities all across the country. We are also blessed to be located in the beautiful yet serene Ottawa, with close proximity to the Chicago International Airport. At here, international students can study in a safe and peaceful environment, enjoy multitude of fun local activities and attractions, and have convenient access to direct international flight.
Again, we welcome all students with open arms and will assist each of our international students in finding a loving host family. At Marquette, every student will be a part of our loving family, and have the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
Director of International Admissions
Office: 815.433.0125 Ext.